Saturday 2 May 2015

Recollections Steampunk Botanica Mini Album

I saw this paper on a youtube video, by luv2scrap4fun, about 6 months ago but I couldn't find the paper anywhere until it popped up on ebay. Even though it was 12"x12" cut down to 6"x6",  I had to have it, it's so vibrant. So I made it into this 6½"x6½" mini album. The cover is decorated with lace and metals from my stash and a Tim Holtz distressed doily from part of the design paper. 
The spine is decorated with a filigree metal piece and a tiny red resin rose
Inside the front cover it's plain and on page 1 is a flap with a magnet. The stamp is the grunge corner by Stempelglede and the left hand flap is decorated with a couple of Prima wooden elements which have been heat embossed with a teal embossing powder called Moonglow
Inside is some more of that amazingly red, really red, paper and a little tag pocket

A triple pocket with tags on page 2. Although you can't really see it all the paper edges are inked with Vintage Photo, I really can't abide white edges to papers
Sorry about page 3, I really tried to hold the camera still :-)
The little pocket on the right is decorated with some tiny watch parts
Page 4 opens out to reveal this wonderful picture on the design paper

A gatefold flap page held together with vintage linen carpet thread and a small metal cone 
and this is inside
As you can see the papers have a sheen to them
Another flap page held together with the linen thread, this time with a Tim Holtz hitch post and a Curiosity Corner clock brad. And of course the Tim Holtz distressed clock
Inside it's lined with this paper, which is so beautiful. There are 2 bookmark shaped flaps which can be used for journaling
This page is held down with a magnet, the decoration on the button is some tiny watch cogs set into Glossy Accents
I cut a slit around the edge of the watch on the left hand side and slipped some tickets in behind it and a couple of mats popped in for decoration. Trouble is, this is a highly decorative paper which doesn't need much by way of embellishment
Inside the back cover I have added a small filigree metal corner with a tiny round tag which has my stamp on the back
Love the spider inside the 2 page flap on the left hand side

Well it has been interesting working with papers which don't need much decoration, but on the whole I think I like the embellishments

Thank you for looking, I hope you visit again soon


No comments:

Post a Comment